One Person Dead After Being Arrested by Denver Police

The Denver Police Department reports that a 36-year-old man passed away following what appeared to be a medical session that happened after his arrest.

Tuesday around 11:55 p.m., the guy reported that someone was robbing him and that he was having a heart attack over the phone from 1331 Speer Blvd. in the Denver 911 area. Denver 911 reported that the man was shouting at the call operator and appeared agitated.

Paramedics Arrive to Assist the Man

The man was found by the Denver Fire Department and the Denver Health Paramedic Division at the scene. According to DPD, the staff tried to help, but the man got angry and walked away from the ambulance.

The man apparently damaged the glass at a building’s entryway by throwing a concrete block there shortly after he left. After then, Denver Police were sent to the location.

At 12:14 a.m., the first DPD officer showed up. The individual was found, according to DPD, and told to keep his hands up by the officer. But the man took off running westward. Instead of pursuing the man, the officer requested backup.

Security Guard Allegedly Attacked by Man

Security staff at a facility in the 900 block of W. 14th Avenue called 911 a few minutes later at 12:17 a.m. to report that a guy had broken a window in the building.

The man allegedly bit and punched one of the security guards after the two guards tried to stop him from entering. The guard hit the man to stop him from hurting others.

Officers arrived at the premises at 12:20 a.m. After a brief struggle, according to the DPD, the man was shackled and “rolled onto his side in a recovery position while they did a preliminary search of the man for any weapons,” the statement reading.

After Being Arrested, the Man Has Trouble Breathing

The police tried to talk to him, but he didn’t respond. They saw he was struggling to breathe. They called for medical help and tried CPR when he stopped breathing.

They gave him medicine for overdoses, but it didn’t help. They took him to Denver Health, but sadly, he died at 6 a.m. on Thursday. Three officers were there, but they didn’t use any weapons or hurt the man.

Now, the authorities are looking into what happened. They’ll figure out more about how he died later.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.