15-Year-Old Stabbed in Brooklyn School Incident

The victim, who was 15 years old at the time, was stabbed in the stomach by a fellow student at a high school in Brooklyn, according to the police, and a high school student was later taken into custody as a suspect.

A corridor on the third floor of Edward Murrow High School, located in the Midwood area, was the location where the violence broke out on Tuesday morning at approximately 9:30 a.m., according to the police.

The boy had sustained a single knife wound to the stomach and was brought to Maimonides Children’s Hospital, where it is anticipated that he would survive, according to the police.

A 15-year-old was stabbed in the stomach by a classmate inside a Brooklyn high school, police said, and the search is on for the teenage suspect:

Following the stabbing, the building located at the intersection of Avenue L and East 17th Street was placed under lockdown for a short period of time, but the lockdown was lifted before noon, according to an official with the city’s Department of Education.

The suspect, a fellow student at the school who was 16 years old at the time, fled the scene soon after the incident. He was dressed in a black jacket, sweat pants, and a black winter cap. They said that a person was taken into custody before to five o’clock.

In the wake of the stabbing, many parents have inquired about the presence of metal detectors at the school. The union that represents school safety agents has informed NBC New York that the school does not have any metal detectors.

Have a look at some of the latest trending news:

In reaction to this, the Mayor of New York City, Eric Adams, stated, “I am a believer in scanning to keep schools safe, but as you are aware, there is a balance.” mostly due to the fact that there are a significant number of parents who are opposed to scanning.

In addition, Adams mentioned that the authorities and educational administrators were determining whether schools require non-intrusive scanning.

As a result of the incident, no additional students became injured. During the afternoon, classes were once again held inside the school.

An investigation is still being conducted, and it was not immediately obvious what the motivation was for the attack.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.