Two Migrants Arrested for Stealing $900 Worth of Merchandise from Hobby Lobby

After they allegedly stole two carts loaded with more than 100 Christmas gifts, valued at about $900, from a retail establishment in Deerfield, two Venezuelan migrants were placed under arrest.

The Chicago Police Department’s 17th District is home to Venezuelan migrants Neikis Yeimily Salazar, 18, and Alexander Saul Martinez Lima, 23, who have been charged with one count of felony retail theft.

Two Venezuelan migrants were arrested after they allegedly stole two carts full of over 100 Christmas items:

In response to a report of a retail theft, the Deerfield Police Department was called to the Hobby Lobby at 200 South Waukegan Road in Deerfield at 1:25 p.m. on November 16.

A police report stated that the manager of the store reported that the two suspects left with shopping trolleys full of unpaid merchandise.

Officers started looking for the female and male suspects who were allegedly pulling the carts from the Hobby Lobby in the direction of the Red Roof Inn.

The report stated that once the subjects were spotted by the officers, Salazar was discovered carrying a rucksack that was searched and turned out to contain store products.

Check out some of the most recent trending news:

Martinez and Salazar. Officers stopped Lima in the Centrust Bank parking lot on Waukegan Road near the Interstate 94 Spur, but they had abandoned the shopping carts of stuff, the complaint said.

The remaining stolen goods were found by officers searching the area around the Red Roof Inn in the bushes. According to the report, there were 104 Christmas goods that were recovered that were valued at about $900.

Salazar and Martinez Lima were positively recognized as the suspects by the store manager. The two brought a baby inside the store, but surveillance footage later revealed that the baby was given to a third, unnamed person before the two left.

According to the report, the two could be seen leaving the store with the stolen goods on camera. After being charged and given a December 29 court date, the two were released from detention.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.