Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Creating liberating content

CTA Crime: Gunpoint Robbery...

A Chicago man was charged last month with the robbery of another man...

Chicago Police: After Lincoln...

In a robbery last year in Lincoln Park, a man was shot and...

2 Men Face Murder...

Noble County, Indiana - Indiana State Police say that two men face charges...

Texas Student Kobe Mcadoo...

A Brazos County grand jury handed down an indictment on Friday against the...
HomeTexasTravis Scott Continued...

Travis Scott Continued Performing at Astroworld Despite Deaths – Reports

Rapper Travis Scott reportedly continued performing at Astroworld despite event managers agreeing to cut the concert short because of deaths in the audience.

The Houston Chronicle reports, “For 37 minutes after Houston officials declared a “mass casualty” event at #Astroworld, with fans crushed near the stage, #TravisScott kept performing. @houstonpolice say Live Nation agreed to cut show short. Scott played whole set.”

Around 9:30 p.m. Travis paused to question an ambulance attempting to make its way through the crowd.

Read more: Travis Scott Faces First Lawsuit Amid Astroworld Controversy

Another video shows Travis on stage when he noticed the ambulance. “What the f*ck is that? Everybody put your middle finger in the sky!” He continues performing his song “Upper Echelon” after he appears to briefly speak to two men onstage.

One of the audience members who climbed a camera operator’s platform yelled that “people are f*cking dying! We’re trying to save somebody’s life! That’s somebody’s kid!”

Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said that there was a sufficient police presence to control the crowd of 50,000 and that fans storming the gates to the VIP area “wasn’t a major breach.” However, he also stated that police and Live Nation had to discuss how to safely end the show without inciting a riot.

Read more: Roddy Ricch To Donate Astroworld Earnings to Bereaved Families

A day after the tragic event, Travis paid tribute to those who lost their lives at his concert. “I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night,” he said in a statement on Twitter.

“My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival. Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life.

Read more: Man Paralyzed by Prison Guards to Receive $17.5 Million Settlement

I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support families in need. Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department, and NRG Park for their immediate response and support. Love You All.”

So far, John Hilgert, 14, Brianna Rodriguez, 16, Franco Patino, 21, and Rudy Pena have been identified among the eight confirmed deaths from Astroworld Fest.

Stay updated with us at the East County Gazette. 

Get notified whenever we post something new!

Continue reading

Who Gets Your Social Security When You Die?

When you die, your Social Security payments will stop. If you die before starting benefits, you won’t get the money you’ve paid in. But sometimes, someone else can receive Social Security based on your record. That’s the case with spousal...

Medicare Price Increase Aggravated by Alzheimer’s Drug!

Medicare resources say that a change to Medicare in 2017 was the addition of care planning as a service. Care planning helps patients to understand both what their medical options are, as well as alternative treatments, clinical trials, and...

New Jersey’s Child Tax Credit Finally Expanded!

Lawmakers in both chambers unanimously approved a bill expanding New Jersey’s child tax credit. Residents with an annual taxable income of $150,000 or less will be eligible for the tax credit. The program’s current cutoff is $60,000. The new thresholds...