Connect with us

News

The Carnival removes an “awkward” publication pro-3rd link

Published

on

Bonhomme obviously does not like being criticized by environmentalists. The Carnival team removed from social media a humorous post on the 3e link, deeming it afterwards “clumsy”.

The publication in question, posted on the Facebook page of the Carnival on Sunday, referred to the alleged dream that the emblematic character with the arrow sash cherishes for a third link, made of ice, between Quebec and Lévis.

An illustration of a false ice bridge, ending in Old Quebec at the foot of the Château Frontenac, accompanied the following message:

“Bonhomme likes to do things big! From the top of his 7 feet, he put his head in the clouds and decided to present his dream city to us! He therefore asked himself the question: what would I do if I won with Loto-Québec? His first project, a 3e link … ICE! And you, if you won the jackpot, how would you change your city? ”

Screenshot, Facebook

It should be noted that Loto-Québec is a major partner of the Carnival, which is surely not unrelated to this publication.

A bonhomme caquiste?

It did not take more to arouse indignation among certain environmentalists who are openly against the proposed third link between the two shores. The affair quickly took a political turn on Facebook.

“Since when is Bonhomme a Caquist?” blown a surfer under the publication of the organization Accès transports viable, which sharply criticized the publication of the Carnival and invited Bonhomme to hire a new resource to manage his social media.

“With climate change, your ice bridge would not last long […] The 3e lien is a partisan project that could swallow up billions of dollars and whose justification has not yet been demonstrated. In addition, this project risks disfiguring the city center ”of Quebec, we can read.

The leader of the municipal party Transition Quebec, Jackie Smith, did not spare the organization of the Carnival either, accusing him of being disconnected. “WTF Carnival of Quebec? With a 3e link and the increase in GHGs that comes with it, there will be no more ice in Quebec for your Carnival. Bonhomme will be a puddle! Tse, when your business model depends [de] winter … ”, she criticized.

Carnival takes no position

In order to nip this beginning of controversy in the bud, the Carnival deleted its publication, a decision welcomed by Accès transports viable. “Our publication was clumsy since it left room for several interpretations. We have therefore withdrawn it in order to avoid any ambiguity ”, indicated the Carnival communications manager, Mélissa Parent.

“By its surreal character, our publication was intended to be dreamlike and impartial. We simply allowed ourselves to dream of the limitless possibilities when winter took Quebec City by storm. There was never any question for the Carnival to take a stand, ”added Mr.me Parent.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

18,000 people evacuated due to floods in Australia

Published

on

By

The situation is worsening due to the heavy rains on the east coast of Australia. Nearly 18,000 people stranded in floods in New South Wales have been evacuated and taken to safer places.

In the state capital Sydney and southeastern Queensland, the water level of rivers and dams has increased.

Officials have said that ‘this situation created for the first time in 50 years’ can persist for several weeks. The administration has asked people to take precautions.

The country’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison has offered financial assistance to those forced to leave home.

New South Wales premier Gladie Berejiklian told that no one has lost her life till late Monday. He said that “like circumstances, it is like a miracle”.

But there has been a huge loss in the affected areas. 25 million Australians live in these areas.

Berejiklian said that many of the communities that had been affected by the floods were affected by wildfires and drought in the previous summer.

He said, “I don’t know that in such a short time between an epidemic in the history of the state, such bad weather conditions have been created.”

Emergency services conducted at least 750 rescue operations. Which includes evacuating people trapped in cars. A family stranded in the flood was evacuated with the help of a helicopter.

Rescuers also rescued a family trapped with a newborn baby in a house off the western side of Sydney.

Australia’s Meteorological Department says that rainfall up to 900 mm in some areas is ‘extraordinary’.

Most concern was expressed for the lowlands of northern and western Sydney, the NSW Central Coast and the Hawkesbury Valley.

What happened so far?

New South Wales is devastated due to floods. 15 thousand people were evacuated from the state’s Mid-North Coast and 3 thousand people were evacuated from Sydney to safe places.

Roads have been cut due to swollen rivers and about 150 schools had to be closed on Monday.

Many animals have died, in flood affected areas, animals are seen floating in the water and the windows of the houses are full of water.

A young couple had a wedding on Sunday, but they saw their home in Sydney’s north on the same day in floods.

Flights have been canceled due to flooding on the runway of the airport, about 17 km from Sydney.

According to officials, a small tornado occurred in the western part of Sydney on Saturday, causing landslides and damage to homes.

Continue Reading

News

Germany Top virologist warns COVID rates to spike again

Published

on

By

Berlin: Germany’s top virologist Christian Drosten warns that the situation may once again deteriorate there. He says that once again the impact of the Kovid-19 epidemic in Germany can be seen as Christmas. Let me tell you that Dr. Drostston is one of the few experts in Germany whose words have an impact on the decisions of the government. In the beginning of the Kovid-19 epidemic and later also, the German government took steps to prevent it by taking advice from them. In this context, the importance of his statement has increased significantly.

They even say that the third wave of Kovid-19 is seen in Germany. For this, they have insisted on rapid vaccination. In response to questions raised on the AstraZeneca vaccine, Dr. Drostan has said that the formation of blood clots is a concern among those taking the vaccine, which should be taken seriously.

Doctor Drostan says that the B-117 variant of the Kovid-19 could hit the country hard. It is necessary to rein this soon. Due to this, cases of corona virus infection are increasing rapidly in the country and this can be a alarm bell. According to him, the first case of this variant was encountered in Britain and it was difficult to prevent it. In view of the increasing cases in Germany, he has warned the government that in the wake of the Kovid-19 cases, there may be a Christmas-like situation in the country. According to him, there was a tremendous increase in cases in Germany after Easter last year.

The online edition of the German newspaper Dieche Welle notes that Drosten of Berlin-based Charity University Hospital has played an important role in tracking and tracing cases of Kovid-19 in the past. He has said that cases of this variant of Britain have increased threefold in Germany. He has said on the basis of various research that this new variant of the virus that came from Britain is more dangerous as well as more dangerous. According to the figures of Germany, on Wednesday there are 13435 new cases there and their number has reached 2594764. At the same time 73905 have died in Germany.

Continue Reading

News

New twist in the case of forced conversion of Hindu girl in Pakistan

Published

on

By

A court in Sindh province in Pakistan has sent a Hindu girl to a child protection center in the case of alleged forcible conversion.

The girl has said in her statement in front of the court that she has changed her religion without any pressure from her will. On the other hand, the girl’s father alleges that some people took her (girl) away, after which she has been forced to convert.

The girl was produced on Wednesday in the court of Civil Judge Munavvar Pirzada of Tangwani, Tehsil, Kashmarkot, North Sindh with police protection from the shelter home, where the court recorded the girl’s statement.

The girl says that she has changed her religion by reaching the Dargah Bharchondi on her own and now her name is Umme Hina. The girl has also said in her statement that there was no pressure on her to change religion.

Advocate Abdul Ghani Bijrani, on behalf of the girl’s parents, requested the court that the girl is a minor. Advocate Abdul Ghani has also requested the court to set up a medical board to find out whether the girl has been raped.

Remember that Sindh is prohibited from marrying under 18 years of age. If someone marries under the age of 18 or helps in getting married, a case can be filed against him.

Advocate Abdul Ghani Bijrani has alleged that the Nikahnama (marriage certificate) is not being presented due to the Sindh Child Marriage Restaurant Act (Prevention of Child Marriage Act). Therefore, they have requested the formation of a medical board.

A written request also states that the matter should be transferred to the Anti-Terrorism Court. According to the lawyer of this case, Abdul Ghani Bijrani, the crime of kidnapping of minors comes under Section 364 of the ATA. Therefore, by including it in the FIR, the case should be conducted in an anti-terrorism court.

The lawyer also said that the girl cannot live with non-maharams (people from whom the curtain is necessary). Therefore, she should be handed over to her parents or she should be transferred to the children’s shelter home, after which the court has ordered the girl to be shifted to Sukkur shelter home.

Advocate Saeed Ahmed Bijrani appeared on behalf of Pir of Bharchondi, who later told reporters that the court met the girl and her parents in private, after which the statement was recorded. He has claimed that the girl said that she wants to go to Pir of Bharondi, so that she can continue her Islamic education.

According to advocate Saeed Ahmed, he has also made the same request that the girl be sent to the Dargah Bharchandi. Because it is an ‘important Islamic institution’. But the court has ordered that the girl will be sent to the child protection center till the police investigation is completed.

‘Kidnapped in white car’

The girl’s father Takht Mal had lodged an FIR with the Tangwani police station that at 4 pm on March 9, a white colored car stopped outside his house, out of which five others including Mushtaq, Bhoral came out. He had a pistol and scared everyone so that no one would protest, they would take the girl and marry her to Mushtaq.

According to the FIR, Mushtaq “grabbed the 13-year-old girl by her arm and took her along and rode in the car and left”. The father suspects that his daughter has been kidnapped for marriage.

After this case, a video went viral on social media. In which the Pir of Dargah Bharchandi is sitting on the bed and the girl is sitting on the ground and people are standing around, all of whom are men. Pir recites the verse and the girl repeats them in a slow voice, then Pir rotates the note over the girl and hands it to her disciples.

The girl was produced in court on Tuesday along with Pir’s supporters of Bharchandi without the knowledge of her parents. Due to the absence of the plaintiff’s parents, the court adjourned the hearing till Wednesday.

The girl was kept in a decaying safe house. Where the video of the presence of devotees of Dargah Bharchandi and bringing food also went viral on social media. According to reports, when the girl’s father and mother went there to meet, they were allegedly not allowed to meet.

These videos are being severely criticized. Pakistan People’s Party leader Sukhdev said that the girl has been forced to convert. She further said that she is personally looking into the matter and is in touch with Shehla Raza, Minister of State in the Ministry of Women Development.

Apart from the Hindu community in Kandkot, political parties have also protested against the alleged abduction and conversion of the girl.

After the debate on social media and news in the media, the incident of fire in the girl’s house has also come to light three days ago. Speaking to the BBC, the girl’s cousin Shehzad alleged that around four o’clock in the night, four people came, threatening the girl’s father to keep quiet and not to contact the media.

According to Shahzad, he set fire to the dry grass kept there, due to which the house was also engulfed in flames. According to Shahzad, this was his uncle’s only home, which was rented.

According to Shahzad, his uncle lives by selling tea biscuits. SSP Amjad Sheikh told the BBC that the arson claim is not true. According to him, the digchi was kept on fire. Due to which some things were burnt due to fire and now a police post has also been built there. Shahzad said that after this incident a police post was established there.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 East County Gazette (ECG)