Arlington Police Shoot Down Gunman At Car Dealership!

According to reports, a person accused of opening fire at a vehicle dealership along Interstate 20 on Thursday night was shot by Arlington police. The suspect, Abbas Al-Mutairy, 25, was identified. He was still in critical condition Friday morning at the hospital.

According to a police update on Friday, Mutairy is accused of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated att@ck on a public official. Around 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, the Vandergriff Honda dealership received reports of gunfire.

In a tweet uploaded on X, now known as Twitter, Arlington Police stated that its officers arrived at the area shortly after 6:30 p.m. The scene was situated along the highway’s frontage road, between Cooper Street and Matlock Road.

When Arlington police officers arrived at the location, they reportedly discovered the suspect in the parking lot and engaged him. APD reported in a release Friday morning that several officers discharged their service guns in response to the suspect’s actions, striking the suspect.

Suspect In Arlington Car Dealership Shooting

The suspect, in accordance with Arlington Police Sergeant Courtney White, was a man who had just been let go from Vandergriff Honda. The suspect was then apprehended and transferred to a nearby hospital to receive medical attention, where he was eventually identified as Al-Mutairy.

You can click on the following link to view additional recent news:

One witness WFAA spoke with claimed she was finishing up a test drive in the dealership’s parking area when she heard several gunshots. In order to hide, she and her husband allegedly ran down the street. The witness claimed that when she and her husband were hiding, numerous Honda workers started to appear in the area, also looking for cover.

The witness claimed that her husband saw a shooter raise a gun at someone at that point, but he was unable to observe what transpired next. The witness claimed that her husband and she then heard about 20 additional gunshots. According to Arlington Police, the suspect never entered the establishment, and there were no further injuries at the scene.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.