Site icon The East County Gazette

A Deadly Car Crash in the Central Las Vegas Valley-Two Men are Arrested on DUI Charges

After an accident on Wednesday morning in the central Las Vegas Valley, police arrested two males on suspicion of driving under the influence.

On December 21 at around 1:06 AM, a collision occurred at the intersection of E. Sahara Avenue and McLeod Drive. Police say a 1994 Ford Mustang was heading east on Sahara when it collided with a 2018 Hyundai that was coming up from the south on McLeod. Two cars collided at a junction, sending debris flying into a third car that was sitting there empty.

According to the police report, Ford’s 37-year-old driver was identified as Taurean Henderson. The Hyundai’s driver was 35-year-old Kenneth Kaminski. Both are being charged with DUI causing serious bodily injury. According to inmate logs, Henderson is also being held on counts of operating a motor vehicle without a valid license, insurance, or registration.

Both Henderson and Kaminski were brought to Sunrise Hospital with non-life threatening injuries

According to Henderson’s statement to police, he and a female passenger were riding in the backseat while an unidentified man was behind the wheel of the Ford. Henderson, according to the police, had an eye injury before the collision but had “glossed over” his other eye. Police found evidence of marijuana use and possession when they arrested Henderson.

According to the arrest report, Kaminski smelled strongly of alcohol and had bloodshot, watery eyes. Since Kaminski was being taken to the hospital for treatment of his wounds at the time the arrest report was being made, he was not interviewed by police.

LVMPD reported that the Ford’s 36-year-old female passenger had “serious” injuries and was brought to Sunrise Hospital for treatment. The victim, according to the Clark County Fire Department, was pinned in the trunk or backseat and required extrication. Due to her injuries, police were unable to positively identify the woman at the site.

It was reported by the police that the woman had to undergo surgery due to a ruptured diaphragm. She reportedly passed away later that evening at the hospital, according to the police. After notifying her family, the Clark County Coroner’s Office will announce her identify.

Court documents show that on Thursday, both suspects refused to be taken to court. Neither was allowed to post bail, and they each have a December 28 court appearance.


Exit mobile version